So, there’s still 2+ months left of 2015 but I have discovered some pretty awesome authors and series so far this year so I thought I would share!
3) Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard- I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this book going in but I loved it! I can’t wait for the sequel!
4) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey- aliens and the apocalypse and a badass female character who acts like you would expect her to act. Loved it. Can’t wait to read The Infinite Sea!
5) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon- this series … Just wow! Love love love it so much!
6)Splintered by AG Howard- a twisted Wonderland with the decedent of Alice Liddell as the main character … Just awesome!
7) All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven- my sister recommended this book to me and I was hesitant to read it because I thought it would be a typical YA book but it was much better. I think it is important because it discusses mental illness and what it can do to a person.
8) Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys- her writing is so beautiful and what she chose to write about what so interesting and something I hadn’t known before.
9) An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir- everyone was talking about this book so I had to read it and I am so glad I did! The love triangle was a little unnecessary but it was still good.
10) Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys- see my reason from before.
11) Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan- I wish I had discovered this series when it first came out because I felt it hard to connect to the characters but it has still been amazing!
12) The Women’s Murder Club series by JamesPatterson- I have been blowing through this series so far! The characters are so dynamic and fun and the crimes are crazy and interesting!
13) The Morality Doctrine series by James Dashner- it’s so different from what I would usually read it it was so cool to read!
14) The Selection by Kiera Cass- I thought I would not like this book at all but boy was I wrong! I loved the characters and the plot and everything about it!
15) Asylum series by Madeleine Roux- I don’t usually do spooky but it was a fun read!
16) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare- I was late to the party with this one but I enjoyed the first book and I can’t wait to see what happens in the rest of the series.
17) Private series by James Patterson- I’m a huge fan of his books and I like that it veers from his typical detective and goes more private detective with looser guidelines.
18) The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer- I’m through the first two books so far and I am in love with it! It’s been so fun and the characters are great!
Any authors/books/series that you have loved so far?