The maze is over, Thomas and the Gladers have been rescued…. Except they haven’t.
Their respite was brief but now it is time to continue, to fight for their survival. But there’s a twist. Teresa is missing and there’s a new guy, Aris. Oh, and they’re in a place called the Scorch.
I liked this books a lot more than The Maze Runner. I like the way it’s told, the storyline, and the fact that it impossible to predict what is going to happen next.
Some spoilers, possibly, from this point on.
I read this book when it originally came out, so like, 5 years ago and I didn’t remember much of it. That being said, I did see the movie when it first came out and it is totally different from the book. So here are things I liked from the book that I wish were in the movie:
- Very little Teresa- she’s my least favorite character and I was so glad she was not it most of the book. I also can’t stand the girl who plays her in the movies, I think she’s absolutely awful, so I wish she would have been in it less.
- The girls- Why couldn’t the girl group be in the movie? Yes, they showed two of them but he whole group would have been so good. They made it so much more interesting.
- The Cranks- I liked that they were actually human in the book not the zombies on steroids like in the movie …. Like, come on, they’re supposed to interact with them and everything, they can’t do that when they aren’t people anymore.
- The set missions- I didn’t like that the movie had them running from WICKED. I liked the set missions of the book, make it to the safe haven. And then there was he girls, trying to do the same thing with a twist. It would have been so cool to see.
- The beginning- I liked that they had no clue what was going on and that you could tell WICKED was still involved and pulling strings.
- The end- The end of the book was so good! But you couldn’t do anything like that in the movie because they changed the whole story but the end of the book was so good!
Next review: The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan