This weeks throwback Thursday is going to focus on World War II books!
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – a young blind girl goes to stay with her eccentric uncle to keep a secret from the Nazi during their invasion of France
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah- I haven’t read this one yet but I’ve been hearing rave reviews!
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein- WWII pilot Rose goes missing when her plane is intercepted by the Nazi
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein- while on a run over Nazi occupied France a plane goes down stranding two female pilots.
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay- split time between the present and the original Nazi invasion of France, it follows the story of a young Jewish girl who is turned over to the Nazi by the French
- The Reader by Bernhard Schlink- a teenage boy in Germany falls in love with an older woman who was a Nazi agent during WWII
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys- the Soviet Union has moved its forces into Lithuania and are displacing the people into work camps. One young girl and her family must fight to survive what is to come as the war nears a close.
- All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein- a narrative about a young girls life in the Nazi concentration camps during WWII
- Night by Elie Wiesel – a young man and his father are taken by the Nazi and thrown into concentration camps
Any WWII favorites that you would add to the list?