Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish and this week is a Thanksgiving freebie!
For all of my American followers, Happy (early) Thanksgiving!! To all my non-American followers, Happy Tuesday!
My topic this week is going to be top ten authors and their books that I am grateful for!
1) JK Rowling and the Harry Potter series- these books are what started me reading, I will forever be grateful to whoever thought to recommend this series to my mom for me. These books will never get old and I’ll probably continue to read them once a year, every year.
2) JRR Tolkien and the books of Middle Earth- The Hobbit was the second great book adventure I went on as a kid and solidified my love for reading. I eventually went on to read The Lord of the Rings and loved them as well!
3) Diana Gabaldon and the Outlander series- she and this series were new to me this year but I have fallen in love with the world she created and the characters she’s has given us. I cannot wait to continue reading these books and her Lord John series as well!
4) Suzanne Collins and The Hunger Games series- I don’t think I realized how much I loved this series until it really truly came to an end. There will be no more books or movies and it makes me a little sad. However, it was an amazing series and I’m so glad to have read it and I’m so thrilled with how well the movie adaptations went!
5) Jodi Picoult and all her books- I have yet to read a book by her I haven’t loved. There have been some rough moments, sad moments, but her books mean something and that’s why I love them.
6) James Patterson and the Michael Bennett series- I have come to love this character and his family! The stories are always so different and so intense! James Patterson is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors!
7) Gillian Flynn- I have loved all of her books so far! I hope she continues writing and comes out with some more masterpieces! Her books are dark and mysterious but I love the writing!
8) Marissa Meyer and The Lunar Chronicles series- Another series and author that was new to me until a few months ago but wow is she an amazing author! I have fallen in love with the characters and the story and I can’t wait to get to the last two books!! And I can’t see what she writes in the future!
9) George RR Martin and A Song of Ice and Fire series- this series is mind blowingly good and I can’t imagine not having read it. The world, the characters, the writing…. All are so wonderful. He needs to hurry up and finish writing this series!
10) John Green and Looking for Alaska- one of my all time favorite books. I just felt a connection with this book when I first read it. John Green has a way of doing that with his books and I love it.
Which authors or books are you thankful for?