Hi all! So, starting tomorrow, this is going to be the first full year on this blog. I started my blog last year in mid to late February so I didn’t get to spend the whole year with you. Since that is going to change I’m going to give you a run down of my goals and challenges for the year ahead!
But first, let’s do a by of a run down of the last year.
FIRST: my reading goal for this past year was 80 books and I am so very happy to say I went above and beyond that! I ended up reading 98 books in total this year! Plus one that I started and will end up finishing in 2016!
SECOND: My average rating for books was probably around 4.5🌟 because I’m not overly critical when I read.
THIRD: I didn’t DNF any books this year because it’s not really my thing and I didn’t rate a book lower than 3🌟 all year!
All in all it was a pretty solid reading month for me!
SECOND: Some more books that made my list to read in January are below:
I’m really looking forward to getting to all of these!! My next book up is going to be A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas followed by Throne of Glass and Harry Potter Illustrated Edition!!
It’s going to be a great start to 2016!
POP SUGAR CHALLENGE:
I am planning on participating in the pop sugar challenge this year. I don’t know if there’s an official way to get involved but I’m just planning on running with it on here.
Here are this years categories:
- A book based on a Fairy Tale
- A National Book Award winner
- A YA bestseller
- A book you haven’t read since high school
- A book set in your home state
- A book translated to English
- A romance set in the future
- A book set in Europe
- A book that’s under 150 pages
- A New York Times bestseller
- A book that’s becoming a movie this year
- A book recommended by someone you just met
- A self-improvement book
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book written by a celebrity
- A political memoir
- A book that’s at least 100 years older than you
- A book that’s more than 600 pages
- A book from Oprah’s Book Club
- A science fiction novel
- A graphic novel
- A book published in 2016
- A book with a protagonist with your occupation
- A book that takes place during Summer
- A book and its prequel
- A murder mystery
- A book written by a comedian
- A dystopian novel
- A book with a blue cover
- A book of poetry
- The first book you see in a bookstore
- A classic from the 20th century
- A book from the library
- An autobiography
- A book about a road trip
- A book about a culture you’re unfamiliar with
- A satirical book
- A book that takes place on an island
- A book that’s guaranteed to bring you joy
I’m really looking forward to participating in this! I’m already starting to map out some of the books I want to read for it!
2016 READING GOAL:
Since my goal last year was 80 books and I went above and beyond it I’m setting my goal higher this year.
My reading goal for 2016 is to read 105 books by the end of the year.
It is officially in writing and let’s hope I can get there!
I would love to hear from you about your goals and challenges for 2016!