Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish and this weeks theme is :
Top 10 characters everyone loves that I just don’t get/10 characters I love that others seem to dislike.
I don’t think I can come up with a list for just one, I don’t even think I could come up with 10 for both but I’ll do my best!
1) Draco Malfoy- I never understood why people loved him so much. I couldn’t stand him! Don’t get me wrong, I thought Tom Felton played a great Malfoy but I still didn’t love him like everyone else after the movies came out.
2) Alex Cross- people seem to really love this series, so much so that there is like 20+ books in the series up to this point. I read the first book and thought he was a racist cop. And before you jump to conclusions, he is a black cop in Washington D.C. I just didn’t appreciate reading about how awful white women were the entire book, seeing as I am a white woman. I’m going to try to give the series another try, hopefully it won’t be as bad.
3) America Singer- I loved America as a character! I absolutely adored her and was able to connect with her on so many levels but I feel like a lot of people just cannot stand her! I don’t get it but that’s just me.
4) Jace- this one I really don’t get. Maybe I’m too old to be reading these books and really appreciating them but nothing about them is as good as everyone makes it seem, especially Jace. I think he’s a brooding teen that had a death wish and I find it rather annoying.
5) Gale- I think this was another one of those cases of people falling in love with a character because of the actor who portrays them because I did not think Gale was one of the greatest of characters in this book.
6) Jon Snow- hate me all you like but I don’t get the appeal other than Kit Harrigton and even then I still don’t get it. He’s such a dull, honor bound character that happens to get thrown into crazy situations. I think that’s how Martin wanted to portray him too which is why I don’t get the appeal.
7) Four/Tobias- he’s another brooding character that bugs the crap out of me.
Who would make your list for either category?