There are always things we say we want to do but we never get to. So I decided to post some of my bookish goals for everyone to see to, hopefully, motivate me to get to them eventually! So this is going to be my bookish bucket list!
- I want to read every book on my Goodreads to-read shelf! There are tons and tons of books on my shelf and I am constantly adding more but one of these days I want to get the number down to something reasonable so that I am able to read them all! I may try to stop adding books to my shelf until I get the number under … Okay let us be real, the number of books on my list is almost 500 so it might actually take a while to make any kind of dent in it.
- Read all of the books on the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge! This one is definitely going to be a tough one because there are so many classics on here and it always takes me longer to get though a classic book!
- Have my own home library! I already have it pictured in my mind! I would have floor to ceiling bookshelves with a little step ladder to get to the books on the top shelves. I want the room to be facing the back of the house and have a big picture window with a window bench over looking a garden. I also want one of the walls to have a section of the shelves cut out so I can mount a tv on the wall, I really enjoy turning on sporting events while watching tv. I would need lots of comfy couches, obviously, and a nice comfy arm chair with a nice blanket and end tables for coffee and tea and snacks!
- I think it would be really be cool to own a bookshop/cafe. I would want it to be someplace small… Maybe more like a cafe that doubles as a library… That way people could come in and look at the books and relax and have a coffee or a sandwich or a baked good while discovering a new book. Then if they decide that it is something that they really like they could either buy it or borrow it. And every time we sell a book we use the money to replace it with a new copy of that book or to buy something totally new for the store! Oh this sounds like it would be fun the more I am thinking about it! Like I said, I would want it to be small, just a couple hundred books (it sounds like a lot but you can fit lots of books in small spaces) maybe a dozen tables or so. We could have book club nights and try to get authors to come in for signings and conversations with fans… May need to get someone to help me fund my new business… and steal some Starbucks employees to make awesome drinks!
- I would love to be able to run a bigger blog site, maybe get my reviews published in a magazine or a newspaper, or an online site. I would love to be able to get paid to read my books and post on my blog, it is something that I have always dreamed about. I could totally run a blog about my cafe bookshop! How awesome would that be?!
- I really really want to own really old books! I do not necessarily mean expensive, first edition copies of books but some that are from the time period in which they are printed. Like I would love an old, leather bound copy of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. And I would love an old set of The Lord of the Rings series!
- I also have a list of books that I would like to finish before I die. Most of them are classics that have been on my TBR for years, some that I was supposed to read in school and never did. These are the ones that are coming to mind right now.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger (I should have read this one is high school and never did)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Chronicles of Narnia series by CS Lewis
- The Divine Comedy by Dante
- I really want my children to have a love of books. I want to be able to read them the Harry Potter books and all other types of fun books. And then when they are older I could give them books that I used to love that would be considered old books to them and see if they love them. I also would not mind finding a man that loves to read to produce those children with… Still looking for him, but I am sure there is a man out there for me.
That is all I have for now, I kind of just posted the first batch of random things that came to mind and these were them!
Is there anything specific you would add to your bookish bucket list? I would love to hear some of your ideas!