I have a love for both to be honest but let’s weigh the pros and cons of both, shall we …
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Cheaper (but not cheaper than ebooks typically)
- Shelf space- typically they’re smaller so you can fit so many more of them on the shelf! (Unless they’re Outlander or Game of Thrones because those are a pain in paperback too)
- More easily damaged (covers being bent or ripped)
- They’re so pretty!
- More durable- I’m less likely to rip that cover when I shove it in my purse!
- The dust jacket- it looks so pretty on but do I want to risk damaging it while I’m reading the book? Do I take it off? Then I have to be careful where I put it. So much work!
- Heavy, they can be so heavy!
- Expensive- they can be twice the cost of a paperback!
- Shelf space- they take up so much more space!
What do you think?
Personally I couldn’t pick. I love them for different reasons and own just as many hardcovers as I do paperbacks!