Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish and this weeks topic is …..
A Halloween freebie!
So my topic is going to be 10 books I would read around Halloween! I’ve never really been into scary or creepy books so mine might be a little different than you would expect this time of year.
So here goes:
2) Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco- another one I haven’t read but another one that just sounds like it would fit with the month.
3) The 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey- I would say an alien invasion of earth works for Halloween time.
4) Anything by Agatha Christie- Halloween time calls for mysteries and the Queen of mysteries is the best option.
5) Historical Fiction- I don’t know what it is about the fall but I just feel like it’s the perfect time of year for this genre.
6) Harry Potter– because there’s no bad time to read Harry Potter and magic goes better with the fall.
7) The Asylum series by Madeleine Roux- I actually read Sanctum while handing out Halloween candy last year and it was the perfect book to read.
8) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- nothing like a dystopian series to celebrate Halloween
9) A Gillian Flynn novel- they’re so dark and twisted!
These were all the books and series that I could come up with. Not quite 10 but I got close.
What books make you think of Halloween?