So I’m getting ready to go on vacation for a week and I’m trying to figure out which books to bring with me! Because I couldn’t decide I started setting up some guidelines for myself and I thought it was a good how to guide for vacationing.
Here are some of the things I came up with:
- Ask yourself if you want to read one log book or multiple short books. It helps you narrow down how many books you’re bringing.
- Nothing too heavy. And by heavy I mean content. I don’t know about all of you but I don’t want to be sitting on a beach reading about tragedies, etc.
- Try to avoid hardcovers. They are so much harder to transport and are so much heavier than paperbacks.
- Kindles are your friend. I usually save kindle books for vacation because they are so much easier to transport. Plus they’re easier while sitting on a beach.
- You can’t go wrong with a mystery! I don’t know what it is about mystery and detective books but they are the perfect vacation reads!
If you have any tips for traveling I would love to hear them!