Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week is a Mother’s Day themed freebie so my topic is …… 10 reasons why Molly Weasley is one of the best literary moms ever!
- She’s not afraid to discipline her kids! Lots of parents let their kids run amok but when her kids steal the family’s flying car she damn well makes sure they’re punished for it!
- She has the patience of a saint. The woman has 7 kids and is still stable and highly functioning, I find that amazing. I’d be tearing my hair out if I had 7 kids.
- She loves Harry like he’s one of her own. Even with 7 kids she had enough love left in her heart for that poor boy.
- She always makes sure her kids have what they need. Despite not always having the money, her kids will never not have something they really need.
- She’s fiercely loyal. She stands behind her husband no matter what, she stood behind Harry no matter what.
- She loves her kids fiercely. Despite everything that the twins do, she loves them more than anything. When her daughter is in danger she’ll take on Bellatrix Lestrange to protect her.
- She’s a damn good cook. Don’t believe me (ask the dishes) or just read the books and ignore my Beauty and the Beast reference there.
- She wants her kids to be happy. Even when she doesn’t like Fleur she never outright tries to stop Bill from marrying her. Plus she comes to really care for her in the end despite the dislike.
- She is loved by her kids no matter what.
- She loves her life, even with 7 kids running around making trouble, even with Voldemort after her family because of Harry, even with not having much money… she wouldn’t ask for anything more than what she already has.